Nature enjoyment with border history
From Leipzig to Mödlareuth and the surrounding area
The towns of Röcken, Lützen, Mödlareuth, Burgstein or Sachsgrün are among the many small highlights of the tour from Leipzig to the Green Belt of the former inner-German border. They stand for Friedrich Nietzsche’s hometown. The greatest battle of the 30 Years War. An inner-German border town, which is also called Little Berlin. For the two dioceses of Bamberg and Naumburg, each of which put a church in front of its neighbor. Or exemplary for the priceless natural area of the Green Belt.
It’s a tour of the Saxon province that produced great thinkers. A trip to deserted outskirts that have made history or been their plaything. Hardly anyone knows her today. Peace and nature reign here.
Day trip to the Green Belt
Program and highlights of the day tour to the Green Belt
- Stopover in Lützen and Röcken: Gustav Adolf and Friedrich Nietzsche
- Short visit to Blankenstein: beginning of the Rennsteig, former inner-German border town today Thuringia – Bavaria
- Borderland tour with culinary break
- Visit to Mödlareuth museum and Gutenfürst border station
- Detour to the castle ruins near Krebes
- Walk along the Green Belt near Sachsgrün
- Conclusion in Hof
- Individual day trip in minibus up to 8 persons according to the program
- Accompaniment by certified tour guide
- Tour program (see above) with daily individual adaptation
- Suitability for wheelchair users (2 wheelchair places, boarding aids)
- doorstep pickup
- regional tastings
- 495,- € incl. VAT. Group price for 1 to 8 persons (minibus)
- all year round Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, immediately bookable
- other dates on request
Start and finish
- Start 9 am pickup from hotel or home in the area of Saxony (Chemnitz, Leipzig, etc.) and also from the area of Halle, Gera or Jena.
- Finish 6 p.m. Arrival at pickup location or by appointment.
Number of participants
- up to 8 persons
- up to 2 wheelchair users
- up to 4 weeks before departure cancelable free of charge
- up to 24 hours before departure rebookable free of charge
- from 24 hours before departure cancellation fee 100% of the tour price
The day trip to the Green Belt is suitable for you if you …
- are a guest in Leipzig and you feel like nature and province.
- always wanted to know where Friedrich Nietzsche came from.
- do not yet know the fascinating history of the castle ruins.
- want to know what is left of the Iron Curtain.
- are not interested in the popular tourist name-dropping.
- are interested in German history.
- are nature lovers and you prefer the second look to the first appearance.
- … .
Notes on the day tour to the Green Belt
You will be transported by minibus for the most part. In Blankenstein and Mödlareuth we also move on foot. Depending on your individual preference, however, you should not walk more than 3 to 4 km. Please make sure you wear clothing suitable for winter conditions.
Direct contact to the tour guide
Do you have questions about the tour or are you interested in an individual program? Then please click the button below. After complete input of your data you will receive an answer. There will be no extra costs.
You would like to book and pay the day tour by invoice? Then please click the button below. After complete entry of your data you will receive an invoice by mail. There will be no extra costs for you.
You would like to book and pay for the day tour online immediately? Then please click the button below. You will be redirected to the booking and payment partner Bookingkit. There will be no extra costs for you.